Wednesday, May 14, 2008

About the Chick

I have a friend who is an amazing photographer {Rachel Eng} and while shooting pictures for my website she snapped a few shots of me for the "About the Chick" page. I thought I'd share one of my favorite photos (I LOVE the antique finish she added) & tell a little about myself.

I grew up in a southern home, the daughter of a very Martha-esq mother. From the time I could walk I was helping her with crafts, sitting next to her at the sewing machine or peering over her shoulder as she smocked for my sister and me. I guess this exposure seeped into my being. I love anything that involves creating something beautiful.

After teaching seventh grade science for 4 years I took a sabbatical and put my innate love of all things crafty to work. Our family was blessed with a baby (my nephew) and using him as inspiration I began making burp cloths with fancy little fabrics, cute ribbon and finishing them off with monograms. Soon, I was traveling around the southeast looking for the cutest, most unique supplies and before I knew it Monogram Chick hatched!

Things have changed since the chick's humble beginnings. Monogram Chick has grown leaps and bounds since the first burp cloths made at the dining room table. I offer a much more extensive selection of fabulously unique products including gifts for bridesmaids, hostesses, sorority, housewarmings, children and babies. However, my roots remain in offering a terrific product with outstanding customer service.

I am constantly adding products and looking for great new things. If you have any suggestions, things you'd like to see Monogram Chick offer, I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

crazy aunt said...

OMG, what a beautiful pic of you!! Much to my surprise I saw your beautiful mother staring me in the face as I entered your blog.....amazing pic of you and imagine that...you look like your mother! Your site is looking wonderful. I have sent it to many of my friends....they should be ordering soon!