Thursday, October 9, 2008

Show your Thanks & Take Advantage of the SALE

Autumn is my favorite time of year, I just love it! I love to bake and burn pumpkin spice candles and have the doors open during the day and the heat on at night; I just adore fall and everything about it.

It is during this time of year that I am most thankful for my family and friends. Maybe because of the impending Holiday season and the hustle and bustle that it brings or maybe because fall tends to put a smile on my face and it is easy to see what I am so blessed with. Whatever the reason, it is during this time of year that I find myself picking up small gifts of appreciation for my friends and my family.

The Preppy Travel Mug with brown floral insert is a great little "fall happy" for your best friend, mom, daughter, teacher, the list goes on and on. And is a great way to say "thank you". Add some spiced tea* tied up with pretty ribbon and a themed card with directions for a gift that they are sure to love. I've included the spiced tea recipe, a card to print off with serving instructions and for ONE WEEK ONLY, the Preppy Travel Mugs are on SALE!

*I had a friend in high school whose mom always had this spiced tea on hand in the fall months. When we'd come in from tennis practice with a chill on our cheeks she'd heat up some water and serve us this warm goodness. It is so easy to make, stores well, and makes a great gift.

Spiced Tea

1 1/2 cup Tang

3/4 cup instant iced tea mix (I like to use the lemon flavored Lipton Mix)

1 1/2 cups white sugar

2 tsp. ground cinnamon

2 tsp. ground cloves

1 tsp. ground ginger

Mix all ingredients together and store in an air tight container. Makes 4 cups.

To serve: Add 3 tsp to 8 oz. hot water and enjoy!

Click on the image below to print and give with your thoughtful gift.




10 comments:

AJ said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog:) Love your address stamps!!!! I'm going to have to try the tea recipe. Sounds yummy!

Sassy Engineer said...

Yay for the sale! I bought a mug for my sister-in-law. I know she will love it. I love your blog and your store. I am definitely eyeing the brown and blue diaper bag for my sister. I figure I should wait to buy it until we know what the baby's name will be :)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

so cute and what a great recipe!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I love spiced tea! Thanks for sharing your recipe. :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I LOVE this tea and haven't had it in years...I will be making it this weekend!

What an adorable mug!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I want to give this gift set to ALL of my friends... what a "heart warming" gift!! I especially love the monogrammed mug!

princessmimi said...

I am not a "tea" fan but this looks amazing!! Thanks for the recipe...I may go try it now. Your blog is wonderful!

Jan said...

Great blog miss Monogram Chick.

Thanks for your frugal tips today. It was fun learning from others on how to save a few dollars a day :)

Linda said...

Thank you for stopping by my site but especially for leaving a comment! Please stop back by anytime.

Thank you also for posting the recipe for the spiced tea. It sounds yummy. I'll have to stop over to your store and check out your sale. I love all things monogrammed too!

Anonymous said...

What a FABULOUS idea!!